It is the major objective of the Recreation Commission to extend to the greatest number of people throughout the Blue Mountain area, regardless of age, sex, race, handicap, skill level or financial status, the most varied recreational activities that are practical to originate and conduct.
The Blue Mountain Recreation Commission is pleased to offer a variety of new programs for the Spring of 2014. Such programs include:
- Young Rembrandts After School Art Program ( Registration Currently Closed)
- Second Session beginning in mid-April (tentatively)
- Fitness Tykes: Presented by Jump Bunch (TODDLER/PRESCHOOL PROGRAM) (Registration Open Now)
- Biddy Tumbling ( Pre-School/Early Elementary) (Registration Open Now)
- Girls Volleyball League ( Registration Currently Closed)
- Co-ed Adult Volleyball League ( Registration Currently Closed)
- Youth Swim Lessons ( In-Office Registration Only – 2/27 & 2/28)
- Biddy Tumbling ( Registration Open Now)
- Cheer-nastics ( Registration Open Now)
- Dog Obedience ( Registration Open Now)
- Scuba Diving (Registration Open Now)
- Aquatic Exercise (Registration Open Now)
Please refer to “Program Registration Forms” for more information including downloadable registration forms.
Summer Employment Opportunities
The Blue Mountain Recreation Commission is currently seeking employment for the Summer of 2014. Available positions include:
- Assistant Pool Manager
- Water Safety Instructor
- Swimming Pool Attendant
- Summer Childcare Aide, Asst. Supervisor and Supervisor
- Playground Leader
- Arts/Crafts Coordinator
Please see “Recreation Employment” for more information and for an employee application
Winter Ski Tickets – NOW Available! 2014 Ski Ticket Prices – Click HERE!
Bear Creek, Big Boulder/Jack Frost, Blue Mountain, Elk Mountain, Roundtop/Liberty/Whitetail.
JUST ARRIVED: Montage Mountain and Camelback!
If school is closed for the day or dismisses early due to inclement weather or other unforeseen emergency, ALL RECREATION PROGRAMS, including practices & games, are automatically canceled for the day/evening. This includes Recreation events scheduled for the Memorial building.
After School or Weekend cancellations will be announced several ways:
- Recreation Office Voice Mail: Dial 366-1190 & follow the menu directions.
- The cancellation message will be changed as each cancellation occurs.
- On Saturdays, do notcall before 8 am.
- On Sundays, do notcall before 11 am.
- Website: We will put cancellations on the top of this website.
- Recreation Eagle Express: Eagle Express will be sent as well.