BMMS Student Council
Bracelets for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital were sold. Another sale will follow as the supply sold out quickly.
The goals of the BMMS Student Council are:
- to stimulate the cooperation between the students and faculty
- to promote school spirit by more participation in school activities
- to help develop better citizens
What does the Student Council do for BMMS?
Each year, the members of Student Council dedicate a great deal of time to the school. Whether the activity at hand promotes school spirit or serves as a community project, the members give 100%. Here are some projects and actiivites of the student council:
- Student of the Month Five Star Awards
- The Galore Cart (the school store)
- The Holiday Food Drive
- Teacher Holiday Gift
- Various fund raising activities
- 8th Grade Dance
- Hall Patrol and Morning Announcements
How can you become a member of the Student Council?
Two representatives are elected from each homeroom. To be elected, the homeroom teacher must approve a candidate. After a student submits a signed petition and an essay, the principal must approve them. Students who have received detention within the school year or a previous suspension may not become members. Finally, each homeroom votes to elect the two representatives.