SCHOLARSHIP LIST #2
October 6, 2012
- Lehigh Carbon Community College Foundation Scholarships – open to new or continuing students in Lehigh/Carbon/Schuylkill Counties who show academic promise and demonstrate community involvement. Up to $1,250 per academic year. To access the application go to: www.lccc.edu, in the search bar type “foundation scholarship” then select the link. Application deadline is May 15, 2013
- The Christian College Connector Drawing – The Christian Connector provides a free Christian College information service and a $2500 drawing. Students can log onto www.ChristianConnector.com to request information and automatically be entered in the drawing. No specific deadline listed.
- SAR Essay contest – Open to all students in grades 9-12. Must submit an 800-1200 word essay on an original researched topic: an event, person, philosophy, or ideal associated with the American Revolution, the Declaration of Independence, or the framing of the U.S. Constitution. Prizes range from $500-$2,000. Deadline is December 31, 2012. See your counselor for more information
- 2013 Oratorical Contest – For grades 9-12. Must complete an 8-10 minute memorized oration on some phase of the U.S. Constitution, and a 3-5 minute extemporary oration on one of four assigned topics. Topics can be found at www.legion.org/oratorical/topics Awards range from $4,000 – $7,500. Deadline January 5, 2013
- 2013 American Legion Essay Contest – Open to grades 9-12. Submit a 500-1000 word essay on the topic” Should the supreme Court be Appointed or Elected?”. Awards range from $3,500-$2,500 Deadline: February 4, 2013
- University of the Sciences Healthy Lifestyle Scholarship Competition – Individual students or up to teams of three. Participants must develop a Healthy Lifestyles Campaign (How would you convince people to make healthy lifestyle decisions?) using social media (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.). First place – $2000 cash prize plus $5,000 scholarship (for academically qualified students who enroll in USciences Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Program). Second through tenth place range from $1000-$250 cash. Deadline is November 12, 2013
- DeSales University Poetry Festival – Students are invited to submit three poems before the festival to compete for a four year-full-tuition scholarship to DeSales University. Deadline is October 16. See your counselor for registration information. Deadline is October 16th.
- NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation Award – High school seniors who operate their own small business are eligible. Students must enroll at an accredited 2 or 4 year university or vocational school for the fall of 2013. Awards range from $1,000 – $10,000.. Visit www.NFIB.com/YEA Deadline: December 17, 2012.