SCHOLARSHIP LIST #4
December 12, 2012
- B. Davis Scholarship – $1,000 scholarship for an essay of less than 1000 words on the following topic: what you would consider to be the most important issue that society has to deal with in the next 10 or 20 years? Why do you think this issue so important? To access the application go to: http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm. Deadline: May 27, 2013
- Society of Women Engineers (Lehigh Valley Section)- Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to women graduating from area high schools. Based on academic achievement, extracurricular and leadership activities, recommendations and an essay. See Mrs. Pishock for the application. Deadline: Must be post marked by February 11, 2013.
- American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year Award – $10,000 scholarship awarded to the Eagle Scout selected as the American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year. Three runner ups receive $2,500 each. Go to: www.legion.org Deadline: March 1, 2013
- American Legion Spirit of Youth Scholarship for Junior Members – Five $5,000 scholarships. Go to: www.alaforveterans.org Winners selected on character. Americanism, leadership, scholarship and financial need. Candidates must be a junior member of the American Legion Auxiliary and have held membership for the past three years. Deadline: Must be filed by March 1, 2013
- American Legion Auxiliary National President’s Scholarship - Five $3,500, five - $3,000, and five $2,500 scholarships. Winners selected on character. Americanism, leadership, scholarship and financial need. Candidates must be children, step-children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren of veterans who served in WWI, WWII, Korean Conflict, Vietnam War, Grenada, Lebanon, Panama, or Persian Gulf and a senior in high school Go to: www.alaforveterans.org Deadline: Must apply by March 1, 2013
- Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary Patriotic Essay Contest. – Two paged typed essay on the topic : The Price of Freedom. First prize – $50, second – $35, third – $20. Winners will be sent on to national contest . See Mrs. Pishock for more information. Deadline: February 2, 2013
- PA Association of Community Bankers Scholarship Program – Awarding $1,000 renewable scholarships. Must be a dependent child of a parent working at least 1,000 hours per year for a minimum of two years for a regular member of the Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers or a child of a parent who was deceased no more than two years. Based on academic achievement, community service, extracurricular activities and a required essay. See Mrs. Pishock for an application. Deadline: January 31, 2013.
- PA Masonic Youth Foundation Scholarships – Basic eligibility; must be a child, step-child, grandchild, step-grandchild, sibling or dependent of a member in good standing of a Pennsylvania Masonic Lodge (or who was in good standing at the time of his death), and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and demonstrate financial need. See Mrs. Pishock for a complete list of scholarships. Deadlines vary by scholarship.
- Phi Delta Kappa Scholarship for Prospective Educators – For students who intend to major in education. Letters of recommendation and essay are required. See Mrs. Pishock for complete application. Deadline: March 1, 2013