SCHOLARSHIP LIST #1
September 11, 2012
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards – Awards of $1000 or more for students who have distinguished themselves through community service over the past year. Deadline: November 6, 2012. Apply on-line at http://spirit.prudential.com or www.nassp.org/spirit, click on the “apply now” link, and follow the on-line screen instructions.
- First Freedom Student Competition – National essay and video contest for 9-12th grade students for an opportunity to win $2,500 in awards. This year’s topic is George Washington’s famous Letter to the Hebrew Congregation in Newport, Rhode Island of 1790. For complete topic, essay and video guidelines visit www.firstfreedom.org and click on the red First Freedom Student Competition button. Deadline: November 12, 2012
- AES Engineering Scholarship – Students will submit an essay on one of the two topics that appear on the scholarship page of the website: http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm $500 will be awarded to the winner(s) each year. Deadline: October 5, 2012
- AXA Achievement Scholarship – 52 students will receive a $10,000 scholarship. Students must demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities. Visit http://www.axa-achievement.com to apply. Deadline is December 1, 2012. To begin click on the create an account link at the bottom of the page, the link to the application is displayed on the student overview page after you create your profile.
- Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship – Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale, participate in a varsity sport, and be a leader in the school and community. Go to www.wendysheisman.com Deadline: October 2, 2012.
- SunTrust Off To College Scholarship Sweepstakes – registration opens on September 14th, 2012. One winner chosen every two weeks from October to May by a random drawing. It is free to enter and eligibility is NOT based on GPA or financial need. Go to offtocollege.info to register.